Revolution bar and restaurant - which will open on April 21st in the former HMV building near The Forum - will be organising a free food truck, a "pay what you like" night, and Southend clean-up events over the coming weeks.
- Southend Clean Up – 1st April: The Revolution team is taking to the streets for a bit of a local spring clean, to do their bit and ensure all is spic-and-span ahead of the opening.
- Revolution Food Truck Comes to Town – 8th April: Parked in Victoria Circus from 10.30am, the Revolution Food Truck will be giving Southenders a taste of what’s to come with complimentary samples from the menu.
- Revolution Vending Machine – Royal Shopping Centre – 8th April: A vending machine but not as you know it – press the button of your choice (no money required) to receive a complimentary treat that might just include tickets to the opening party of Revolution Southend.
- Treat Team hit Southend’s streets – 12th-16th April: Keep your eyes peeled for the Revolution Treat Team, taking to the streets to dispense a whole host of goodies throughout the week.
- Pay What You Like Night – 12th April – Charity Night: a pre-opening charity dinner in aid of local homeless charity, HARP. Simply pay what you like for your supper and all proceeds will go straight to the charity. No booking required, first come first served, doors open from 6pm (drinks not included).
- The People’s Party – 21st April – 5pm ‘til late! A spokesman for Revolution said: "Revolution knows how to party and on opening night Team Southend is pulling out all the stops. Expect the opposite of ordinary with exciting entertainment from performers and DJs spinning the decks until the early hours. Sip on complimentary cocktails expertly made by the bar’s resident mixologists and take a bite from platters showcasing the restaurant’s enticing all-day menu. If your feet get tired from all that dancing, retire to the bar’s sheltered roof top terrace, complete with private bar and lounge area." Sign up at www.revolution-bars.co.uk/bar/southend-on-sea/ and arrive early to avoid disappointment.
The team are also supporting the town and Southend Hospital on 26th March with a charity sky dive. To donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Revolution-Southend